If you want to start intraday trading but don’t have enough knowledge about intraday trading like how You are selecting the best stocks for intraday, pros & Cons, How to start, etc. then this blog is for you because Intraday trading is volatile. But it’s also one that can offer much higher rewards if you know what you’re doing. Instead of waiting until the end of the day to see how your stock has performed, intraday traders try to capture profits in as little time as possible.
Intraday trading requires a fair amount of preparation and due diligence to avoid taking on excess risk. While the potential returns are much higher, so are the risks involved. If you’re thinking about getting into intraday trading, this Blog will give you everything you need to know about the best stocks for intraday trading and how to do it safely.
What is Intraday Trading?
Intraday trading is a style of trading in which you buy and sell assets on the same day, rather than holding on to them for longer periods of time. You can trade a variety of assets, including stocks and commodities, but intraday trading is most often associated with trading stocks.
- Intraday traders make money by capturing small price movements in the short term, rather than holding on to an investment for a longer period of time, such as a few weeks or months.
- Short-term price fluctuations are much more common, and intraday traders capitalize on them in order to make a profit.
- Intraday trading is not to be confused with day trading, which is a style of trading that lasts even less time.
- Day trading involves holding stocks for only a few hours before closing out the trade.
Pros of Intraday Trading
- Faster Money Movement: Whenever you earn money, you want it as soon as possible. Intraday trading allows you to make money sooner.
- No Need for Patience: With long-term trading, you need to possess a lot of patience because you are waiting for months for the markets to make you money. However, with intraday trading, you need no patience. You can make money the same day you open a trade
- Online Trading More Profitable: Online trading is more profitable with intraday trading. You can earn money with less investment and can close your trade at any time
- No Need to Wait for Market Rebound: If you are trading in the long term, you need to wait and give time to the market to rebound. But if you are intraday trading, you can make money even when the market is falling. –
- No Need to Keep Track of News: If you are trading in the long term, you need to keep track of the news and know when to buy and sell. But with intraday trading, you don’t need to keep track of news.
- Can Make Money with a Sharp Drop in the Stock Market: If you are trading in the long term, you need to wait for the stock market to rebound. But if you are intraday trading, you can make money even with a sharp drop in the stock market.
- Can Use Trading Indicators: If you are trading in the long term, there is no use for trading indicators. But if you are intraday trading, you can use trading indicators.
Cons of Intraday Trading
- Less Profitable in the Long Run: If you are trading in the long term, you can make a lot of money. But if you are intraday trading, you can make a profit, but not as much as long-term trading.
- More Riskier: Intraday trading is riskier than long-term trading because you need to make money in a very short time.
- More Difficult to Predict: You can predict when long-term trading will be profitable. But it is difficult to predict when intraday trading will be profitable.
- Less Tax Advantage: If you are trading in the long term, you will have a tax advantage. But if you are trading intraday, you won’t have any tax advantage.
- More Discipline is Required: Intraday trading is more difficult because you need more discipline than long-term trading.
Day Trading vs. Intraday Trading
- Long-Term Trading: Long-term trading is when you buy and hold stocks for a period of more than a few hours. In long-term trading, you hold onto your stocks for days, weeks, or even months. This is the most common and easiest way to invest in stocks.
- Intraday Trading: Intraday trading is when you buy and sell stocks within a single trading day. This is a much more difficult type of trading that requires advanced skills and knowledge.
- Differences: The main differences between day trading and intraday trading are that day trading is done over an even shorter time period (generally hours) and you are holding a single stock position for a much shorter period of time.
- Long-term Trading is Easier: Long-term trading is easier than intraday trading because you don’t need to try to time the market or predict daily price movements.
- Long-term Trading is More Profitable: Long-term trading is more profitable than intraday trading because it allows you to earn money over a longer period of time.
- Long-term Trading is Less Risky: Long-term trading is less risky than intraday trading because you don’t need to try to predict short-term price movements.
- Long-term Trading is More Predictable: Long-term trading is more predictable than intraday trading because it covers a longer period of time.
How to Start Intraday Trading
- Find the Right Broker: Find a reliable broker for Demat Account. so that you can able to start your trading journey.
- Build a Trading Strategy: Before you start trading, you need to build a trading strategy that allows you to make money. You can build your trading strategy using technical indicators, chart patterns, and news.
- Track Trading: Once you have built a trading strategy, you can start tracking your stocks. You can do this by creating a portfolio and monitoring it regularly.
- Choose the Right Stocks: Make sure you are trading in the right stocks and that you have a strategy to play the long and short-term fluctuations.
- Keep Track of Your Profits and Losses: Keep track of your profits and losses to know how well you are doing and how much you can afford to risk.
Limitations of Intraday Trading in India
- Not Possible to Predict Markets: It is not possible to predict the markets and make money. You can make a profit but it depends on the amount of risk you are willing to take.
- Losses Happen: Whether you are trading in the long-term or intraday trading, losses will happen. You need to keep that in mind and be prepared.
- You Need a Trading Strategy: If you want to make money trading in the long term, you need a trading strategy that allows you to make money. If you want to make money trading intraday, you need a trading strategy that allows you to make money in a short amount of time.
- Trading Requires Discipline: Trading requires discipline and you need to follow the trading strategy that you have created for yourself.
Rules of Selecting Best Stocks for Intraday trading
- Select only High Liquid stocks.
- Don’t Do Revenge Trading.
- Check the daily Trade Volume of the stocks. If trade volume is at least 1cr. or more than you trade only.
- Choose Only Mid & High Volatility Stocks.
- See the News Sensitivity of the stocks that you’re going to trade – Choose News sensitive stocks to Earn well.
- After profit booking shut down the screen – Don’t do overtrade.
- Do not invest your harder money into falling stocks at any price for earning some extra Money.
Best stocks for Intraday Trading
There is no one right answer to this question as different investors will have different preferences, goals & Choose. basically, some people choose stocks for intraday on the basis of sectors like FMCG, Pharma, IT, construction, etc. And some people choose stock on the basis of stock performance and liquidity. that is totally up to you how you like to trade in intraday sector-wise or stocks performance-wise.
after knowing all things if you’re asking for some best intraday stocks then we share some popular intraday trading stocks that may be worth considering for you including NDTV, Bajaj Finserv, Infosys, HUL, Tata motors, etc
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- What are some of the best intraday trading tips for beginners?
There is no answer to this question in one or two words, as the best intraday trading tips for a beginner will vary depending on your personal investment goals and trading experience. However, some general tips that may be useful for beginners include:
- Do your research – Before trading any assets, it is important to do your own research and understand the risks involved. Make sure to read professional opinions on different stocks and commodities, as well as financial news sources. This will help you to better understand the market and make informed decisions.
- Use charts and indicators – Many traders use charts and indicators to help them make informed investment decisions. Charts can show you how particular stocks are performing over time, while indicators can help you to identify potential patterns in the market. Use these tools to help you stay ahead of the curve and make informed investment decisions.
- Stay calm and disciplined – if you find yourself getting emotional during trading, you’re likely to make mistakes. Try to maintain a clear head and stay focused on your goals, no matter how the market is behaving.
- Practice, practice, practice – No matter how experienced you become, there will always be room for improvement. Make sure to regularly trade in simulated environments and practice your trading strategies until they become second nature. This will help you to become a more effective intraday trader.
- Don’t overtrade – if you enter too many trades in a short period of time, you’re likely to lose money. Instead, try to take small chunks of money and invest it over a longer period of time. This will help you avoid the risk of investing too much money in a single trade and losing it all.
Q- Which stocks are not allowed for intraday trading?
There are a few stocks that are generally not allowed for intraday trading because the stock’s price is likely to be volatile and could move rapidly in either direction. These stocks include stocks of companies that are in the early stages of an IPO, companies that are in a financial crisis, etc.
Q- which is the most accurate intraday Trading strategy?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual investor’s investment goals and risk tolerance. Some popular intraday strategies include buying and holding, dollar cost averaging, and day trading.
Q- Which is the best indicator for intraday Trading?
Some of the more common indicators that I used in intraday trading included RSI ( Relative Strength Index ) Price Action.
Q- which time is best for intraday trading?
According to experience And Learning 9:15 am to 11:00 am is the best time to trade in intraday. but it works for me well. that is also possible it can’t work for everyone so try & Discover Your best timing to trade intraday
The most important thing to remember when trading in the short term is that you need more discipline than with regular day trading and you need to have a trading strategy that will allow you to make money. While these can be good skills to have, you also need to make sure they don’t become overbearing. You’ll also need to be well-versed in technical analysis and charting.
Note – This information is only for educational purposes. please consult your financial advisor before starting any investment.